Who we are
Thee Quaker Podcast is part of Thee Quaker Project, a Quaker media organization with a focus on lifting up voices of spiritual courage and giving Quakers a platform in 21st century media.
We want the podcast to have broad appeal. While many in our audience are practicing Quakers, we have many seekers and Quaker-curious listeners and we hope to attract many more this season.
Before you pitch
- Please listen to a few episodes of the podcast to get a feel for how our thematic episodes unfold. (Try Who Are Modern Quakers? and Quakers and the Internet)
- Review our core values and check them against your story idea.
- Pre-interview or touch base with your subjects.
- Send us two to three paragraphs about your story including:
- The idea behind your pitch
- The narrative arc or how you plan to unfold the story
- Anticipated voices and interview sources you plan to include
- Links to 1-2 other audio segments you’ve produced
Once a story is approved, we will go through a series of reviews and edits to refine and polish the piece.
- Submit rough script with sample tape (if possible) for review
- Live reading and feedback with Thee Quaker Podcast staff
- Track piece and submit with one to two additional reviews
*Note: We do our own scoring, mixing and mastering and would only ask for you to provide music if it is specific to the storytelling.